Friday, January 26, 2007

Special Song

To me, music is music- most of the time. I rarely associate it with an event or emotion in life. Well, at least I don't believe so. I might, but I probably am not aware with it.

So instead of going with feeling, let's go with logic and pick a special song. For this year's RYLA, it is Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild".

It's got that kind of tune to it which is appropriate for driving. So one day, I would like to have this playing while I'm cruising down some winding road in my "dream" car.

So you could consider it a motivator type of song, where I associate it with a goal/achievement and it's there to motivate me to achieving it.

But that would be very superficial, wouldn't it?

I see it as a little bit more than that. Try, independence?

If you look at the list of cars I would like to choose from, they're not very high up the price ladder. I'm a practical person. So if they're in the very affordable range, why is it still related to dreams and independence?

I've got other plans for my money. A car's a car. They lose value. You sink money in it and it still loses value. So I can't get my "dream" car until I can afford its extravagance. You have to take into consideration its higher insurance, maintenance and heftier petrol bill, not to mention possible less practicality than a small hatchback.

So when I finally have everything in check- get my own place, my money making money, a sweet job, or no job due to the former, I'll have Born to Be Wild playing whilst I'm cruising around. Provided there's still petrol.


On another note, I have found the song that is played in Forza Motorsport- "La Grange" by ZZ Top. That too, shall be playing when I drive in my "dream" car.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 pm, Blogger z. said...

new posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by ODEO