Friday, July 28, 2006

You've come a long way

To think. At the beginning of the year. I was hopeless.

After RYLA, I changed. I could see the hidden "crazy ninja pirate" within.

Now. I can see the improvements, and the recognition I have.

I can lead a team.

I can get people come to me asking "what do we do next?".

I got people older than me, get a shock when they realised they've been led by a kid (in comparison).

People think I've got it made- that I am the ideal candidate for a job position.

Apparently, I DO have really good interpersonal skills.

I got to shake hands with Richard Court. That man has rubbed shoulders with some pretty damn powerful people.

At the awards ceremony...
I'm bloody famous- "OMG you're that guy Glen keeps talking about... Mister 98"

They thought I was a bigshot- Yeah, I was wearing a suit, I got some good reputation, I handed out business cards. I've got no

affiliations. I have no influence. But I'm still a bigshot to those who don't know!

I felt proud to be representing Curtin- students asked, "what uni/course?" I was giving them my honest opinion that I believe Curtin offers the best.

And I've been asked to write something for the school newsletter. A past student... writing for the newsletter about their experiences since highschool! Normally that's reserved for some successful person.


What else? *shrugs* Perhaps I've finally assimilated these changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by ODEO