Monday, May 29, 2006

fuel tank readings

Somebody told me that petrol is generally cheapest mondays/tuesdays, and go up in price by the weekend. Well, I'm screwed. See, I'm a little over half tank, which probably means I've used up about 20L. The last quarter, which will see me about 100km, will be another 10L. Wait... that doesn't add up.

See, my car's fuel gauge is pretty innaccurate. The first bar will see me about 150km. The next bar will see me to about 270km. The third bar will see me to around 350km. It's not constant!

Another problem is that I've been varying how I drive. Lead foot, pussy foot, high revs, low revs, a bit of everything...

I can't tell how many km's I have left on my tank! Hell. I don't even know how my L I have left in my tank.

So now, 270km, a little more than "half"... I better be able to get to the fabled 400km mark. The last time I got that, I had the little red indicator flashing!

Between now and next top up, hopefully, I'll be getting the rolla a service. Hopefully a new airfilter will be put in. And top up with some premium. Clean out those injectors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by ODEO