Saturday, April 15, 2006

Japan trip (day 0 & 1)

Yeah... I'm in Japan now... using a computer with a keyboard that has some of its keys in different places. And I suck at touch typing to some extent. I know where the letters are, but symbols... I don't. Doing emotes is tricky.

Anyhoo

Day Zero
Umm... the whole day was packing my bag, going to church, filling out application forms for winter vacation. Exciting stuff.

Nothing much was exciting for the day.

Except for the guy at customs. His name was Girish. Mother Fucka!





Day One

Arrived at Narita Airport at about 10am. Took one of the trains into Ikebukuro. Long journey. Slept for a bit of the ride. I did look at the scenery for the first 15 minutes til I got bored. OMG. All the boxy JDM cars. Why can't we get the bB in Australia?

Lunch
We ate in some tiny little pokey restaurant that had a name written in jap... and had a smiley face. Ordinary food, but the way the place was designed was... interesting. Except there are plenty of other places that are just like it.

Cars
Nothing much noteworthy. Mostly new cars. A lot of them tall narrow boxy cars. Lancer coupes are actually Mirages here. Toyotas have a different logo. And there was an ordinary looking sedan which had the letters SKYLINE on it... that can't be right.
Then there's the usual pimped out body kitted, lowered, bling bling rims on... VANS! And bB type boxy cars. I love those boxy cars... they're just so... boxy... and... probably not fun to drive.

Food
I think I have found the fabled melon bread! I'm a bit full now, so I'll find out tomorrow. Bread dough and cookie dough combined into one l33t bread... mmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by ODEO